The government may shut down, but the bars in Washington will be hopping with thousands of furloughed federal workers with extra time on their hands and reason to drink. It'll be a great place to meet someone new. So, for all you "non-essentials" out there, here are the top 10 "government shutdown pick-up Lines," courtesy of Twitter's finest. These lines have been stolen from 'bout four sites, so I can't take credit for any of them.
WARNING: Cringe-inducing puns ahead. If you get half of the jokes below, you probably watch too much C-SPAN. (But you're not alone!)
1. "That can't be a BlackBerry in your pocket–you must be happy to see me!"
2."Wanna come check out my debt ceiling?"
3. "This bar has a 2 a.m. deadline and we all have to make some compromises."
4. "Let's debate this on the floor."
5. "Baby, the only thing that's 'nonessential' about you is those pants."
6. "I'll show you a rider. (From a female twitter)"
7. "The government isn't the only thing that goes down at midnight."
8. "My staff is essential."
9. "Baby, my resolution can continue all night."
10. "What's happening baby, how furlough can you go?"
- "I'm sure we can both find a way to satisfy our bases."
- "Baby, I'm not from the OMB but I will make you OMG."
-"Don't worry, baby, it's all discretionary."
- "If I said you had a nice caucus, would you hold it against me?"